Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In Loving Memory of "Bon"




Today I found out VIA skype that my dog died last Monday, October 11,2011. I was so devastated and I cried when I heard the news. I have always dread the day that she will be gone. I have often worried how she is getting old and now she is gone for good. She was the ideal pet anyone can have. She was loving, sweet and knows how to cheer me up. I have always loved her over our other pets. She is so special because she was always there. Some people might find it weird that I talk to animals but it really feels good to tell someone or something (with life) about things going on with your life. I had Bon since I was in 3rd year highschool. I think she is 8 years old in human age. I remembered when she was just a pup we brought her in our room and fitted a diaper for her by cutting a hole for her small tail. It was so cute. She slept soundly throughout the night and did not make a mess. I also remembered how she does not like getting wet. She hates water I guess. Giving her a bath is always a hard time. She is also scared of fireworks. She eats her food in a very demure way. No mess and she cleans up well.


Everytime I go home she welcomes me and looks very alert and excited. She wags her tail and keeps on brushing through my legs. Then she stares at me with her piercing eyes as if telling me to pet her before going inside the house. I have always loved her expressive eyes. It pains me that she died while I am in a foreign land. I hate her for not waiting for me. Though she is a mongrel (not pure breed) she will always have a special place in my heart. She was beautiful. She was the best pet ever.



I Love You Bon! Thank you for watching over our house and my family. Thank you for sacrificing your life for my grandmother (We believe that she died because of a Filipino belief of "palit buhay" wherein her life will be taken instead of a person). We believed that because she just started peeing and pooping blood for no apparent reason at the same time my bedridden grandmother was having diarrhea. It's as if she knew what she has to do. Give up her life for her masters who will always be grateful to her. I will never forget you Cheeky Bon Bon!  I will never forget all our good memories. I hope you are in a better place now - Dog Heaven.. : ))))

No comments:

Post a Comment